PDF-version of Guidelines
Language: The language of publication may be English, Ukrainian or Russian.
Articles, prepared without following to the Guidelines for publication in ‘MFiNT’, are returned to the authors without review. The date of receipt is the date of the resubmitted article after following the Guidelines.
- Abstract: Each paper requires an abstract of 200–250 words summarizing the significant coverage and findings.
- Keywords and PACS numbers: Up to six keywords and PACS numbers reflecting the content of the con- tribution should be supplied (see ‘Physics and Astronomy Classification Scheme 2010’).
- Manuscript Preparation: Papers should be typed (in duplicate) with double spacing and wide margins on good quality paper (A4 size). The length of original contributions should not in general exceed 5000 words and 10 figures, and subject review articles should not exceed 9000 words and 30 figures, including tables and diagrams. Authors are urged to arrange the subject matter clearly under headings such as: 1. Introduction, 2. Experimental/Theoretical Details, 3. Results, 4. Discussion, 5. Conclusion, References. Subsections should be identified with section and subsection numbers (such as 6.1. Second-Value Subheading).
- References and Notes: Notes are indicated in the text by consecutive superior arabic numbers (without parentheses). References should be numbered consecutively (in square brackets) throughout the text. The full list should be collected and typed at the end of the paper in numerical order. Listed references should be complete in all details but excluding article titles in journals. All authors’ initials should precede their names. Examples of references preparation:
Journal title abbreviations should conform to generally accepted styles:
- A.A. Smirnov, Metallofizika, 3, No. 6: 3 (1981) (in Russian).
- A. Meisel, G. Leonhardt, and R. Szargan, Röntgenspektren und Chemische Bindung (X-Ray Spectra and Chemical Bond) (Leipzig: Akademische Verlagsgesellschaft Geest & Portig K.-G.: 1977) (in German).
- J.M. Ziman, Printsipy Teorii Tverdogo Tela (Principles of the Theory of Solids) (Moscow: Mir: 1974) (Russian translation).
- M.A. Stucke, D.M. Dimiduk, and D.M. Hazzledine, High Temperature Ordered Intermetallic Alloys. V (Eds. I. Baker and R. Darolia) (Pittsburgh, PA, USA: MRS: 1993), p. 471.
- Handbook of Mathematical Functions with Formulas, Graphs and Mathematical Tables (Eds. M. Abramowitz and I.A. Stegun), Nat’l Bureau of Standards. Appl. Math. Ser. Vol. 55 (Washington, D.C.: U.S. Govt. Printing Office: 1964).
- B.B. Karpovych and O.B. Borovkoff, Proc. of Symp. ‘Micromaterials Engineering’ (Dec. 25–31, 1999) (Kiev: RVV IMF: 2000), vol. 2, p. 113 (in Russian).
- A.Eh. Krug and Yu.J. Radius, Abstr. Int. Conf. Phys. Phenomena (Dec. 25–31, 1991, Alushta) (Kharkiv: 1991), p. 12.
- S.V. Dyvyns’ky, Zakonomirnosti Dyfuziyi v Intermetalidakh ta Splavakh na Osnovi Perekhidnykh Metaliv (Mechanisms of Diffusion in Intermetallides and Alloys Based on Transition Metals) (Thesis of Disser. for Dr. Phys.-Math. Sci.) (Kyiv: G.V. Kurdyumov Institute for Metal Physics, N.A.S.U.: 2006) (in Ukrainian).
- E.M. Gololobov, V.B. Shipilo, N.I. Sedrenok, and A.I. Dudyak, Sposob Polucheniya Karbonitridov Metallov (Production Method of Metal Carbonitrides), Authors’ Certificate 722341 SSSR (Published November 21, 1979) (in Russian).
- V.G. Trubachev, K.V. Chuistov, V.N. Gorshkov, and A.E. Perekos, Sposob Polucheniya Metallicheskikh Poroshkov (The Technology of Metallic Powder Production): Patent 1639892 SU. MKI, B22 F9/02, 9/14 (Otkrytiya i Izobreteniya, 34, No. 13: 11) (1991) (in Russian).
- Yu.M. Koval’ and V.V. Nemoshkalenko, O Prirode Martensitnykh Prevrashchenij (On the Nature of Martensitic Transformations) (Kyiv: 1998) (Prepr./N.A.S. of Ukraine. Inst. for Metal Physics. No. 1, 1998) (in Russian).
- Equations and Formulae: Formulas in the text should be inserted by MathType, fully compatible with MS Office 2003, 2007, 2010. Vectors should be typed in bold without arrows above.
- Tables: Number tables consecutively with arabic numerals and give a clear descriptive caption at the top.
- Figures:All figures should be numbered with consecutive arabic numbers, have descriptive captions and be mentioned in the text. Keep figures separate at the end of the text and clearly label each figure with author’s name and figure number. The labels at axis should contain the designation (or notation) of quantities and their units.
- Preparation: Figures submitted (black-and-white or greyscale strongly recommend) must be of a high enough standard for reproduction with 300–600 dpi resolution (including half-tone illustrations). Redrawing or retouching of unusable figures will be charged to the authors.
- Colour Plates: Whenever the use of colour is an integral part of the research, or where the work is generated in colour, the Journal will publish the colour illustrations with charge to the author. Reprints in colour will carry a surcharge. Please write to the Publisher for details.
- Submission of Electronic Text: Authors should also submit papers by e-mail or on a CD (in addition to hard copy with original figures). The file should be saved in the native formats of the Microsoft Word 2003, 2007 or 2010 with a name consisting the name of the first author, for example, Smirnov.doc. The electronic form of figures (graphics files in TIFF, EPS or JPEG formats preferably and with name consisting the name of the first author also, for example, Smirnov_fig2a.tiff) should be planned so that they reduce to 12.7 cm column width (or less), and keep them separate from the text file. It is necessary to submit additionally all the figures within the format of the program, in which they were created.
- Proofs: Contributors will receive page proofs for correction by e-mail (with subject beginning by word ‘mfint’) as a PDF document. These must be returned to Kyiv office within 5 days of receipt.
- Page Charges: There are no page charges to individuals or institutions.
- Reprints: 20 free reprints will be provided to the first-named author of each paper. Additional reprints may be ordered by completing the appropriate form sent with proofs. Authors can request a PDF version of their published article by e-mail or freely download it from journal website
- Further Information: All questions arising after the acceptance of manuscripts, especially those relating to reprints, should be directed to Executive Managing Editor
In accordance with the agreement between the ‘MFiNT’ editors and journal founders the editorial board supposes that the authors, sending us the manuscript, transfer to the founders and the editorial board the right to publish this manuscript in Russian (Ukrainian) language and (or) in the English translation, and we ask the authors to apply to the manuscript the Copyright Transfer Agreement Form. In this case, the author retains all other rights as owners of this manuscript.