PDF-version of Guidelines
Download paper’s template
Language: The language of publication may be English (preferred) or Ukrainian.
Manuscripts, prepared without following to the Guidelines (Rules) for Authors (including rules for references), are rejected without consideration per se. The date of receipt is the date of the resubmitted article after following the Guidelines. Journal ‘MNT’ supports the generally accepted principles described on the journal website at page devoted to publication ethics and unacceptable practices. The papers are routinely scanned for plagiarism using free online plagiarism checker tools (https://smallseotools.com/plagiarism-checker).
Guidelines (Rules) for Authors
- Abstract: Each paper requires an abstract of 200–250 words summarizing the significant coverage and findings.
- Keywords and PACS numbers: Up to seven keywords and PACS (‘Physics and Astronomy Classification Scheme 2010’) numbers reflecting the content of the contribution should be supplied .
- Manuscript Preparation: Papers should be formatted according to the template, which can be downloaded from the journal website. The length of original contributions should not in general exceed 5000 words and 10 figures, and subject review articles should not exceed 9000 words and 30 figures, including tables and diagrams. Authors are urged to arrange the subject matter clearly under headings such as: 1. Introduction, 2. Experimental/Theoretical Details, 3. Results, 4. Discussion, 5. Conclusion, References. Subsections should be identified with section and subsection numbers (such as 6.1. Second-Value Subheading).
- References and Notes: Notes are indicated in the text by consecutive superior arabic numbers (without parentheses). References should be numbered consecutively (in square brackets) throughout the text. The full list should be collected and typed at the end of the paper in numerical order. Listed references should be complete in all details but excluding article titles in journals. All authors’ initials should precede their names. Each reference has to be followed by the Digital Object Identifier (DOI). Examples of references preparation:
Journal title abbreviations should conform to generally accepted styles:
- E. E. Zubov, Metallofiz. Noveishie Tekhnol., 38, No. 11: 1423 (2016) (in Russian). DOI: https://doi.org/10.15407/mfint.38.11.1423
- M. Chegini, A. Fallahi, and M. H. Shaen, Proc. Mater. Sci., 11: 95 (2015). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mspro.2015.11.116
- A. Meisel, G. Leonhardt, and R. Szargan, Röntgenspektren und Chemische Bindung [X-Ray Spectra and Chemical Bond] (Leipzig: Akademische Verlagsgesellschaft Geest & Portig K.-G.: 1977) (in German).
- J. M. Ziman, Printsipy Teorii Tverdogo Tela [Principles of the Theory of Solids] (Moscow: Mir: 1974) (Russian translation).
- M. A. Stucke, D. M. Dimiduk, and D. M. Hazzledine, High Temperature Ordered Intermetallic Alloys. V (Eds. I. Baker and R. Darolia) (Pittsburgh, PA, USA: MRS: 1993), p. 471.
- Handbook of Mathematical Functions with Formulas, Graphs and Mathematical Tables (Eds. M. Abramowitz and I. A. Stegun), Nat’l Bureau of Standards. Appl. Math. Ser. Vol. 55 (Washington, D.C.: U.S. Govt. Printing Office: 1964).
- B. B. Karpovych and O. B. Borovkoff, Proc. of Symp. ‘Micromaterials Engineering’ (Dec. 25–31, 1999) (Kiev: RVV IMF: 2000), vol. 2, p. 113 (in Russian).
- A. Eh. Krug and Yu. J. Radius, Abstr. Int. Conf. Phys. Phenomena (Dec. 25–31, 1991, Alushta) (Kharkiv: 1991), p. 12.
- S. V. Dyvyns’ky, Zakonomirnosti Dyfuziyi v Intermetalidakh ta Splavakh na Osnovi Perekhidnykh Metaliv [Mechanisms of Diffusion in Intermetallides and Alloys Based on Transition Metals] (Thesis of Disser. for Dr. Phys.-Math. Sci.) (Kyiv: G.V. Kurdyumov Institute for Metal Physics, N.A.S.U.: 2006) (in Ukrainian).
- E. M. Gololobov, V. B. Shipilo, N. I. Sedrenok, and A. I. Dudyak, Sposob Polucheniya Karbonitridov Metallov [Production Method of Metal Carbonitrides], Authors’ Certificate 722341 SSSR (Published November 21, 1979) (in Russian).
- V. G. Trubachev, K. V. Chuistov, V. N. Gorshkov, and A. E. Perekos, Sposob Polucheniya Metallicheskikh Poroshkov [The Technology of Metallic Powder Production]: Patent 1639892 SU. MKI, B22 F9/02, 9/14 (Otkrytiya i Izobreteniya, 34, No. 13: 11) (1991) (in Russian).
- Yu. M. Koval’ and V. V. Nemoshkalenko, O Prirode Martensitnykh Prevrashchenij [On the Nature of Martensitic Transformations] (Kyiv: 1998) (Prepr./N.A.S. of Ukraine. Inst. for Metal Physics. No. 1, 1998) (in Russian).
- Equations and Formulae: Formulas in the text should be inserted by MathType or Microsoft Equation. Vectors should be typed in bold (without vector heads — arrows over), and variables (except greek-symbol) — in italic. Note that complicated formulae, mathematical expressions or (de)notations are not recommended in the title, abstract or keywords.
- Tables: Number tables consecutively with arabic numerals and give a clear descriptive caption at the top.
- Figures: All figures should be numbered with consecutive arabic numbers, have descriptive captions and be mentioned in the text. Keep figures separate at the end of the text and clearly label each figure with author’s name and figure number. The labels at axis should contain the designation (or notation) of quantities and their units. Figures must be of a high enough standard for reproduction with 300 dpi resolution at least.
- Colour Plates: Whenever the use of colour is an integral part of the research, or where the work is generated in colour, the Journal will print the colour illustrations with charge to the author. Reprints in colour will carry a surcharge. Please write to the Publisher for details.
- Submission of Electronic Text and Figures: Authors should submit manuscripts via e-mail. The file should be saved in the native formats of the Microsoft Word with a name consisting the name of the first author, e.g., Smirnov.docx. All figures should be also submitted separately as attached files in EPS, TIF, JPG, PNG or other formats.
- Proofs: Contributors will receive page proofs for correction by e-mail (with subject beginning by word ‘mfint’) as a PDF document. These must be returned to the editorial office within 5 days of receipt.
- The journal has no article submission, processing, or publication charges.
- Reprints: Authors can freely download a PDF version of their published article from journal website. The printed issues may be ordered by completing the appropriate form sent with proofs and prepaid by authors under the terms as for subscription.
- Further Information: All questions arising after the acceptance of manuscripts, especially those relating to reprints, should be directed to Executive Managing Editor
In accordance with an agreement between the journal editors and founders, the editorial board supposes that the authors (sending the manuscript) transfer to the founders and the editorial board the right to publish this manuscript in Ukrainian and (or) in English translation, and we ask the authors to apply to the manuscript a Copyright Transfer Agreement. Published articles are open-accessed and licensed under the International License.